Forgings are made of structural carbon, low-alloy, alloy, tool, corrosion-resistant, high-temperature and wear-resisting steels and non-ferrous metals by free forging and stamping.
Initial billets are rolled steel of round and square section with the dimension up to 360 mm and ingots of weight up 6, 9, 12 tons.
Billets are cut with band saw machines.
Steel billets are heated in batch-type furnaces and gas furnaces with walking beam. Non-ferrous and alloy billets are heated in electric furnaces.
The following equipment is used in forging complex:
1. JSW (Japan) hydraulic forging press of 2000 t force.
It is served through forging manipulator with load-lifting capacity of 18 tons.
The press makes possible to manufacture the following forgings:
– Solid discs and discs with a hole of diameter up to 1500 mm and weight up to 5000 kg;
– Shafts with barrels diameter to 550 mm, length to 6000 mm and weight up to 8000 kg;
– Rolled rings with external diameter up to 1800 mm and weight up to 5000 kg;
– Cylinders with external diameter up to 900 mm and length up to 1800 mm, weight up to 5000 kg;
– Bars and plates of length up to 5000 mm, weight up to 8000 kg.
2. «Wagner Dorthmund» the ring-rolling machine RAW 160/125 of 160 t radial force and 125 t axial force.
It makes possible to manufacture seamless rolled rings with external diameter from 450 mm up to 2500 mm, height from 70 mm to 450 mm and weight up to 3500 kg.
3. МPneumatic and steam-driven free forging hammer of arch and bridge type with drop parts weight from 150 kg to 3000 kg.
It makes possible to manufacture the following forgings:
– discs and rolled rings of diameter from 100 mm up to 600 mm, weight up to 320 kg;
– shafts of barrel diameter up to 400 mm, length up to 3500 mm, weight up to 2000 kg;
– bars and plates of section up to 350 mm, length 3500 mm, weight up to 2000 kg;
– Shaped forgings.
The forging facilities capacity makes it possible to produce up to 20,000 tons of forgings per year.