The following equipment is mounted in boiler-and-welding workshops:
- horizontal sheet-bending machines for rolling of shells with wall thickness from 1 up to 150 mm;
- a set of equipment, including an automatic press and a flanging machine for the manufacture of elliptical and torispherical bottoms with a diameter of 1800-4000 mm and flanging of conical bottoms as to the determined radius with a wall thickness of up to 30 mm;
hydraulic presses with force Q = 400 t/f and Q = 800t/f for stamping of elliptic bottoms, spherical bottoms elements, ball valves bodies as well as stamp-welded connecting parts of pipelines by hot stamping;
machines for winding coiled heat exchangers with a coiled part length up to 6 m and a diameter up to 2200 mm;
hydraulic brackets for assembly of pressure vessels casings;
- machine for winding spiral heat exchangers;
- plant for the production of rolled containers with height up to 20 m
The welding sector widely employs robotic, automatic and mechanized welding machines, test benches and equipment of «Fronius», «IGM», «ESAB», «Polisoud», «Deuma» companies with manipulators and welding stands of load-lifting capacity from 10t to 100 t.
The following welding processes are used in the Company:
- automatic submerged arc welding;
- electroslag welding with a wire electrode and a consumable guide tube;
- manual metal-arc welding;
- manual argon arc welding with a non-consumable electrode;
- automatic orbital butt welding of pipes and welding of pipes into tube sheets with a non-consumable electrode in argon;
- semi-automatic welding in inert, active gases and their mixtures;
- electron beam welding;
- combined welding.
Welding technologies applied in the Company were certified in accordance with the requirements of ISO 15609-1: 2004 (ISO 15609-1: 2004) “Technical requirements and certification of welding procedures for metallic materials. Technological requirements for the welding procedure “; ISO 15614-1: 2004 Qualification requirements for welding procedures for metallic materials – Welding procedure testing, ASME Section IX Boilers and pressure vessels.
The following welding and facing procedures are used:
- automatic submerged arc, electro slag,
- machine gas-shielded solid and cored wire flux,
- orbital non-consumable electrode argon-arc for the connection «pipe + pipe» and
«pipe + tube sheet»,
- high-frequency in pipes manufacturing and fining,
- seam and spot contact,
- friction welding,
- explosion cladding and strip electrode facing.
Vacuum soldering, plasma arc cutting and welding, metal gas thermal and vacuum hardening are widely used in welding works.